Saturday, October 22, 2005

Summary Report from C.H.I.I. (continued page 3)


The following is a summary report from the Council for Heropower Inquiries and investigations held September 5, 2005 Paragon City Hall. All members and adjuncts present. Subject:Mental Maden/Mental Maden2 Topic:Loss of powers, theft of property (civilian and governmental), possible victim of kidnapping, possible victim of assault with intent to steal, diminish, or alter superpowers. Chair- Brighid Moriera Vice Chair- Professor Hoffman.The following will be excerpts from the various committee findings based on all testing, interviews and cursory investigation.


Magic/Metaphysics (Azuria)- I thank the council, as always, for allowing a representative of the arcane sciences to sit on this board. I sing the glory of the union of our disciplines and I am humbled by the knowledge of my colleagues gathered forth. Some may see science and magic as opposing forces but I see them as cosmic twin seamstresses sewing the fabric of the universe. Where science is seeking the one known provable truth magic seeks all the various possibilities. Where one sees one answer the other asks more questions.

With that said let me express my sympathy for the subject of our gathering. While a member of the scientific community, Mental Maden has been a true friend to the mystical. She has on numerous occasions come to the aid of MAGI with due diligence. I will do all in my power to help her on her most unfortunate journey.

After many tests and much meditation I submit the following findings for your consideration. There seems to be no signs of possession or control from a demonic, godly or unliving source. Likewise the subject seems to not be under mind control or hypnosis. She has no signs of hexes or potions. No ruin markings have been placed on her person. There is no smell of brimstone, ozone or spices on her.

I throw caution to the council on some significant findings. Her inner aura while still quite strong emits a pulsing white light as opposing to the previous green. This is an indication of the change in her fields. It does appear larger and stronger. Her middle layer is actually two colors. This troubles me. The two colors are equally represented and circle her in right to left patterns. While one color is a healthy yellow the second is a dark murky red. Troubling, very troubling. Her outer aura is also a deep purple with green electrical pulses. Also very troubling. It seems this poor soul has much trauma to her psyche. So much so that she can emit fear to others. Off the scale fear. If harnessed it could make her very powerful. Even dangerous. I touched lightly and cautiously on this and will say I have never in my life been as afraid. And I have faced a Veinilitous Demon. Now before anyone gets ideas, she was unaware of what she was doing and I believe she doesn't yet know she has these powers. She will discover them over time and I worry for those who feel them.

After tarot reading and seance, I could sense a bird spirit following her. This is good my friends. Very good. Bird spirits are very powerful protectors. I feel she is in for greatness. I yield to the laws of Paragon and suggest she keep her temporary name but by all means please follow up the investigation and let her follow this path in life. It could prove wonderful. May the power of Atlas be with you all.

C.H.I.I. ruling and conclusion (Chair- Ms. Moriera)- It is this councils ruling that Mental Maden can not be authenticated at this point and the subject must now call herself Mental Maden2 until her identity can be verified. We will request Longbow agents to retrieve the hero DNA and I implore all involved to find her vitals so we can ID her.

It is also this council's ruling that she be given Security access to Paragon City to pursue her Hero work. She will be allowed to train and gain higher access where appropriate. We wish her the safest of journeys through life and we will do all in our power to help her. I implore though to the city to add more police on this case as we still don't know exactly what has happened here. If she is merely the beginning of some "hero epidemic" think of the destruction it could have on the peace of our beautiful city. We all could be affected by this and think of our suffering if heroes start losing their powers.

Personally I wish her the best of luck and pray for Paragon City.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! I like the way you are tying together the stories of Maden and Maden2, and explaining the powers of maden2 the controller... I am very curious to see how you will explain the change in her powers. Maybe I should do one explaining how C.E.T.I. - M.A.Y. research came about... Onceti.